Perlbal::XS::HTTPHeaders build error, Symbol not found: ___gxx_personality_v0

Mark Smith smitty at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 20:31:14 UTC 2008

>  2): Symbol not found: ___gxx_personality_v0
>  #   Referenced from:
>  /Users/brett/.cpan/build/Perlbal-XS-HTTPHeaders-0.19-W1xxwo/blib/arch/auto/Perlbal/XS/HTTPHeaders/HTTPHeaders.bundle
>  #   Expected in: dynamic lookup

Yeah, this is something that happens on Mac.  I'm not sure what flag
is wrong in the Makefile.PL, but basically you can fix this by:

* perl Makefile.PL
* vim Makefile

find:
   LD = env MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3 cc
replace with (note cc->g++):
   LD = env MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3 g++

* make
* make test

The problem is that it's linking with the C linker and leaving out the
C++ libraries?  Probably an easy fix in Makefile.PL but I'm not sure.
:-)

--
Mark Smith / xb95
smitty at gmail.com