perlbal debug levels

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 13:40:54 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Do we have any documentation / info on perlbal debug levels beyond
reading through the code.

I have 2 webservers running perlbal with an average of 200 to 300
concurrent requests at any given time during the working day and we
keep on experiencing silent crash or failure to respond (even on mgmt
port).

This is about twice a day, I can't replicate this outside of the live
environment without a lot of work and was hoping I could incrementally
increase the debug level, but with that level of traffic on a live
site I don't want to bog it down logging (especially if there is so
much information, I can't find the problem).

So how much noise to expect from debug level of 1 vs 3 ?

Any other advice welcome.

We're running 1.60 from cpan, with patch to catch empty ip / missing
socket due to hitting ip_conntrack limits.

I'm thinking of applying the "Perlbal bug: Race condition with
web_server role in _serve_request" patch, but I'm unsure if that's
actually the problem.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk