How to set the uri with ::XS::HTTPHeaders?

Mark Smith smitty at gmail.com
Fri May 30 00:32:54 UTC 2008

> The problem is that set_request_uri() is not a method in
> Perlbal::XS::HTTPHeaders.  Works ok if I don't enable the xs headers,
> though.

Yeah, the 0.19 version of this module on CPAN doesn't have this
functionality, but it exists in the SVN trunk version.  The easiest
thing you can do is build the latest version and use it:

    http://code.sixapart.com/svn/Perlbal-XS-HTTPHeaders/trunk/

I've relatively recently repackaged the code with some changes from
Andy Grundman as HTTP::HeaderParser::XS which is available on CPAN and
does include the proper methods for changing the URI.  But Perlbal
can't use the new module (yet).

So I guess what I'm saying is - easiest thing to do is to use the SVN
version of the module for now, which will work as a drop in
replacement for your setup.  Then stay tuned for Perlbal to be updated
to use the proper module sometime...

--
Mark Smith / xb95
smitty at gmail.com