YADIS development tools

Johannes Ernst jernst+lists.danga.com at netmesh.us
Tue Dec 6 04:00:01 UTC 2005

We proudly present ...

Well, it's not very much yet to present, but I think it is useful
nevertheless. At
     http://netmesh.org/projects/yadis/

you'll find
  - YADIS capability description example files
  - the XML schemas for XRD(S),
  - scripts that help test URLs for their YADIS conformance.

You can enter a URL to a capability description file, and test
whether the file conforms to the document specification as we hashed
it out last Thursday. And, even better, you can enter a URL and
"probe" it for which YADIS capability discovery methods it supports,
and what capabilities it announces.

To try out the latter, you can go directly to:
     http://netmesh.org/projects/yadis/test/check-yadis-capabilities.pl

and enter my URLs as example:

* http://netmesh.info/jernst  (which uses the link-in-HTML-head method)
* http://mylid.net/jernst   (which uses the X-YADIS-Location HTTP
header)

All of this is subject to change, of course, as the YADIS spec
progresses towards V1.0 ...

P.S. If you have a YADIS implementation on-line somewhere, I'd really
like to know about it to make sure the tests are accurate.

Johannes Ernst