values of Type

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Thu Dec 8 01:26:33 UTC 2005

The timing of this conversation was perfect because the XRI Resolution
editors just had a discussion about this today and arrived at the same
conclusion: the spec will say that all xrd:Service/xrd:Type values SHOULD be
absolute URIs (or IRIs or XRIs in URI normal form) for the very reasons
Martin mentions.

As I mentioned, we can't enforce this beyond this SHOULD language because
the W3C anyURI type explicitly allows relative as well as absolute URIs. But
at least all our example XRDS documents (that means you, Andy ;-) should use
only absolute URIs.

=Drummond