brainstorming on naming

Brian Ellin brian at janrain.com
Wed Dec 14 20:41:37 UTC 2005

Jonannes and list,

To clarify, the "disco" portion of OpenDisco refers to "Discovery".  As
in service/capability discovery.

>From the yadis.org frontpage: "YADIS is an capability discovery system"

Given your list of ideas below, OpenDisco seems like a very natural
choice.  I do see the connection between disco and discotheque, but
really don't think it will alienate any users or attract the wrong
crowd.  Do discussions about SOAP attract people with a desire to get
clean?  I doubt it.

My two cents,

Brian Ellin