HTTP Header

Victor Grey victor at 2idi.com
Wed Dec 28 20:14:16 UTC 2005

Johannes Ernst wrote:
> I'd really like to verify that X-YADIS-Location is "best practice" for
> doing HTTP header extensions but I'm not entirely clear where to
> start. Somebody on this list must be more in the know than that?!?

I'm very far from being any kind of expert on the subject, but I have
been doing a little research into HTTP headers so FWIW x-headers seem
to be mostly associated with email.
There's no mention of them made in

The Pragma field, specifically the extension-pragma definition, which
allows "key=value" fields, seems to me to be the best bet.

It would be great though, to have someone who really knows the topic
weigh in.

=vg