HTTP Header

Brian Smith avalon73 at caerleon.us
Thu Dec 29 14:02:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Victor Grey wrote:

> I'm very far from being any kind of expert on the subject, but I have
> been doing a little research into HTTP headers so FWIW x-headers seem to
> be mostly associated with email. There's no mention of them made in
> http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html

Of course they're not going to be in a section on standard headers,
because by definition user-defined ("x-") headers are not standard.  I'd
consider X-YADIS-Location to be a user-defined extension header, though,
and extension headers in HTTP responses are accounted for here:

"Unrecognized header fields SHOULD be ignored by the recipient and MUST be
forwarded by transparent proxies."