Browser plug-in

meepbear * meepbear at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 6 13:02:46 PDT 2005

>This is tricky because the protocol essentially requires all of the
>to-ing and fro-ing in order to work. There is no standard way to give a
>consumer a signature that's been computed without the help of the
>redirecty bit.
I know there was one proposal
(http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/yadis/2005-June/000851.html) to allow a
third-party impersonation system (or that's how I interpreted it anyway) but
it wasn't really picked up. A plug-in should be able to piggy-back on top of
something like that rather easy to provide identity without needing the user
to still be logged into their account.

On a totally unrelated note, my new threads seem to start under an already
existing thread in the archives. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, weird.