OpenRPC: user-attended RPC between sites

Taral taralx at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 11:08:05 PDT 2005

On 7/16/05, Martin Atkins <mart at degeneration.co.uk> wrote:
> I've written some (very early, quick-and-dirty) words about OpenRPC here:
>     <http://goathack.livejournal.org:9016/openrpc/>
>
> It describes roughly how the protocol in my demo works, and then goes on
> to describe some of the things that I percieve to need more thought/work.

This looks very useful. There seem to be too many communications back
and forth, though. I envision:

1. Client site causes user's browser to redirect to server site with
RPC arguments, etc. Use a self-posting form if you need POST.
2. Server site asks user to approve request.
3a. If approved, site performs request and redirects back to client
site with return value.
3b. If rejected, site redirects back to client site with exception value.

--
Taral <taralx at gmail.com>
"Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about