OpenID & LID in a passel-world

S. Sriram ssriram at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 11:12:13 PDT 2005

> That's a huge assumption.  Getting end users to install client software
> is not a step that you can skip over.  In fact, it's quite likely the
> Achilles heel of the whole project.  The fact that they ask you to use

Passel agent as service that hangs of identity url

bob goes to ecommerce site (target)
provides OpenID
target reads OpenID url for controlling OpenID server
and controlling PassOpen (PO) service
target authenticates OpenID against OpenID server
target sends PO it's passel-target request xml
PO performs the role of passel-agent for the OpenID
   - makes user input request as needed
   - sends data to target

What this does is it removes the need for me to be my
own passel-agent but rather use an agent-service. My OpenID
being my gateway to it. This removes browser related
dependencies.

A PassOpen service could be developed by any third party
Browsers don't need plugins
Passel-Agents don't discover target needs, but targets explicitly
state them on OpenId authentication.
Web sites would need to add the passel functionality behind
their OpenID curtain.

Thanks
S. Sriram