Improving OpenID's use of cryptography 3 - odds and ends

Paul Crowley paul at ciphergoth.org
Thu Jun 2 06:36:32 PDT 2005

Ken Horn wrote:
> Can we make sure that the spec details the full protocol and algorithms,
> rather than relying on specific implementation libraries/details? If
> openID is to take off, I think there will need to be many
> implementations in several (if not many) languages. Not trying to be
> bullish, but the conversations on the protocols always seem to veer into
> implementation discussions.

Of course.  Discussion of implementation details is on-topic, of course,
but we must keep what is protocol spec separate from what is implementation.

By the way, please be more careful with how you quote messages - it can
greatly improve the readability, usability, and enlightenment level of a
mailing list!  A good guide is

thanks!
--
   __