OpenID status update

Kurt Raschke kurt at raschke.net
Fri Jun 3 03:16:46 PDT 2005

On Jun 3, 2005, at 6:02 AM, Ken Horn wrote:

> Is a middle ground to declare a version / protocol name with the
> current impl?

I think we need a version field anyway; obviously the protocol will
change over time.  Major crypto changes notwithstanding, we need a way
to make changes to the protocol without breaking everything.  Look at
TypeKey, for example.  There is a version field in the TypeKey
protocol, precisely so that servers know what version of the protocol
clients can handle and can respond appropriately.

-Kurt