Version Handling [ was OpenID status update ]

Evan Martin evan.martin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 13:28:44 PDT 2005

On 6/6/05, Ben Hyde <bhyde at pobox.com> wrote:
> Plan B: deal minimally now - that's what I want.
>
> On Jun 5, 2005, at 3:25 PM, Evan Martin wrote:
> > However, one useful thing is to define behavior for when the version
> > does change.

For what it's worth, I mentioned this as an argument against version numbers.

There's no point in slapping a version=1 if you don't define what
version=2 means.
If you do need to define a version=2, then you can just define
version=1 as "sending no version= field".  They're basically the same
thing, and I don't care very much about it either way.

What matters is what you define the behavior to be when you have the
version information.
That needs to be happen in either case.