dumb consumer mode, small change:

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Wed Jun 8 15:49:40 PDT 2005

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, Paul Crowley wrote:

> Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> > I assume you take issue with "-" as a magic value.
>
> I don't like magic values if I can avoid them - I'd prefer to use a
> separate field to explicitly say you're using dumb mode.  If that adds
> significant extra complexity, though, let's just use "-".

Neither way's hard.  I'm fine with whatever.

> I notice that you specified assert_identity in the server replies.

That's how it used to be.  Rationale originally was:

"is_identity" is a question:  "Is this person this identity?":
"assert_identity" is a statement:  "I assert this identity."

I'd like to keep the question and answer fields separate, or at least turn
them both into just "identity" so nobody can be confused about the
question vs. answer interpretation in the word "is"?

- Brad