Equivalence of OpenID Server URLs

Paul Crowley paul at ciphergoth.org
Fri Jun 10 09:14:59 PDT 2005

Martin Atkins wrote:
> Am I right in thinking, though, that it'll be no longer possible to mask
> what LiveJournal account you are authenticating as?

The proposal for doing that was broken - it allowed you to confirm a
guess as to which LJ user owned a given URL, and you could even do it
offline.  In my post about openid.delegate, I proposed a replacement
mechanism.  I expect that Brad will get the rest of the OpenID stuff
working before he decides whether he wants to implement that mechanism,
though.
--
   __
\/ o\ Paul Crowley, paul at ciphergoth.org