Is there a need for openid.user_setup_url?

Paul Crowley paul at ciphergoth.org
Mon Jun 20 00:30:49 PDT 2005

If I do a checkid_immediate, and it comes back declined, surely I can
use checkid_setup to do the job of going to user_setup_url?

It's more than likely that my lack of web UI skills are letting me down
here, and that there's a neat UI thing you can do with the latter that
you can't do with the former, but I can't work out what it is.  It seems
like it should be possible to pop up a window, do the checkid_setup in
the popup, and have the return_to URL arrange to close the window and do
the javascript goodness in the parent window, but as I say my expertise
is lacking.
--
   __
\/ o\ Paul Crowley, paul at ciphergoth.org