PHP producer/consumer libraries?

meepbear * meepbear at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 24 06:13:56 PDT 2005

>I know Philip Pearson had produced a PHP library for OpenID which
>supported the old DSA protocol, but has anyone made progress on a PHP
>library for the new DH/HMAC protocol?

You can generate an HMAC-SHA1 without depending on the mhash extension but
since I can't seem to find a 'pure' PHP big integer library anywhere, your
host will have to support the GMP extension (or BCMath but it's a pain since
it's not capable enough) or you need the ability to compile and run your own
PHP on your host.

DH isn't required though so even if a consumer asks for it, you can just
ignore it and do it the non-DH way.