Anything wrong with my association?

Kristopher Tate Kris at bbridgetech.com
Sun Jun 26 20:24:19 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I've been testing our implementation against the lifewiki consumer, and
for some reason we're not getting back an assoc_handle from it. It seems
to me that somehow it's rejecting our response to openid.mode=associate...

Here's (an example of) what it returns:

assoc_type:HMAC-SHA1
assoc_handle:269371f2177d69e18fe45bdd902b616dd9b3cba3525c6OPENID
issued:2005-06-26T21:30:39Z
replace_after:2005-06-26T21:31:39Z
expiry:2005-06-26T21:31:40Z
mac_key:UGFLY0piTmdvcUVqbEhReWV6cFQ=

Here's what I get when the UA is finally redirected to our ID server:

[openid.mode] => checkid_setup
[openid.identity] => http://mylevel9.com/user/kris_tate
[openid.return_to] => http://www.lifewiki.net/openid/check

(?) missing:
[openid.assoc_handle] => 269371f2177d69e18fe45bdd902b616dd9b3cba3525c6OPENID

I don't want to implement DH right now, but at the same time, I don't want
to use dumb mode.

I've been intensely studying Brad's libraries to find some answer, but for
whatever reason, something happens and I think that it's placing us into
the 'dumb' mode category. the server just isn't verbose enough for me to
know if it thinks I'm dumb. :P But moreover, how can we tell if a consumer
thinks an ID server is dumb? look for the lack of openid.assoc_handle?

Thanks everyone!

-Kris

(Haha, and the new spec page is great. Much more easier to follow now!
Thanks Brad!)