Need help deciphering this LiveJournal OpenID error

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Mon Jun 27 20:32:46 PDT 2005

Here's the source:

http://search.cpan.org/src/BRADFITZ/Net-OpenID-Consumer-0.11/lib/Net/OpenID/Consumer.pm

It comes from this line:

        return $self->_fail("naive_verify_failed_return") unless $args{'lifetime'};

So it did a dumb-mode (stateless) check_authentication request to your
server, but wasn't able to find a "lifetime:<n>\n" row where <n> was
non-zero.

I find these commands very useful:

server# tcpdump -s 0 -w net_dump port 80
server# scp net_dump user at desktop.com
desktop$ ethereal net_dump

- Brad