Class and AJAX consumer demos updated: hell yeah!

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Wed Jun 29 00:27:52 PDT 2005

Replying to myself yet more, Safari works now, pop-up blocking or not.

The secret:  window.open works as long as it's in response to a mouse
click event, so I do:

  <a target="new_win" href="user_setup_url.html" onclick='return open_user_setup_url();' >

Then JavaScript will run when a user clicks it (since the first popup
didn't happen) and because the window is opened with JavaScript, it'll be
able to talk to the other windows later.

Bad description.

I sleep.