BlueBridge Level9 + OpenID, LiveJournal announcement

Kristopher Tate kris at bbridgetech.com
Thu Jun 30 18:32:28 PDT 2005

On 2005/06/30, at 5:32 PM, Martin Atkins wrote:

> Kristopher Tate wrote:
>> Hello everyone!
>> We have just updated our main page at <http://bbridgetech.com/> to
>> talk about LiveJournal's new consumer support, but more importantly,
>> I wanted to post this here so that everyone might get a look at what
>> our access grant pages look like
>> (<http://www.bbridgetech.com/products/level9/livejournal/>) and also
>> how our flow works.
>
> Two little qualms about your UI:
>
> * You aren't providing a "Cancel" button. This isn't strictly
> necessary, but was included because people are likely to be bothered
> by the lack of it. As a nice side-effect, it also gives comsumers the
> opportunity to release any state they were retaining about a given
> login request.

We now have a cancel button :)

> * You should be redirecting directly to return_url after the user has
> approved. Your extra intervening "Identity approved!" page is not only
> counter-intuitive but might cause confusion as preloading proxies
> follow the link and cause a user's comment to get posted before
> they've clicked the link.

Hmm, interesting -- I believe there are methods to limit proxies from
doing just this... If we were able to follow those standards, do you
think that this would be acceptable?

We have several UI policies that dictate a user should know if
something has been added to their profile -- especially something of a
secure nature.

> Other than that, it looks good. I've only looked at your screenshots,
> but they seem to be consistant with what I would consider a good UI
> aside from my two complaints above.

Thanks!

-Kris