Allowing all sites access

Andrew Ducker Andrew at Ducker.org.uk
Wed May 18 14:37:49 PDT 2005

Martin Atkins wrote:
> The only case where it's really harmful is where a random site wants to
> know "is Andrew viewing me?".

Aaaah - gotcha.  Of course, to do that they'd have to hit LJ every time
someone connected to them and say "Is this person AndrewDucker?"  "How
about this one?" "This one???", which would be possible if we don't have
  logs of what requested that ID.

But then, if I was worried about that, I could turn the functionality
back off again.

Personally, I'm the kind of person that uses my real name as my identity
everywhere.  I can understand some people _don't_ do that, but I'm happy
to do that, and I'd rather not have to go through an authorisation
process when I don't have to.

Andy D