Testing this stuff for myself: How?

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Fri May 20 09:50:28 PDT 2005

Apologies for the n00b questions, but every time I ask these I get
redirected to a document I haven't seen before and which wasn't
obvious to me the first time.

I dusted off my old LiveJournal account that I've used for posting
messages there, went to http://www.danga.com/openid/demo/demo.html ,
entered http://www.livejournal.com/users/danlyke , pressed "verify",
and got the LiveJournal page which says

   Error

   The site you just came from seems to want to verify an identity
   (www) that you, as danlyke, cannot provide.

In my "Edit Friends" page, I can't find a place to put in URLs. To use
this, do I need to upgrade my account? Is there ready-made code I can
use to get a client working without installing the LiveJournal
software on my own systems?