Net::OpenID::Consumer 0.01 release

Paul Timmins paul at timmins.net
Sat May 21 17:23:08 PDT 2005

Am I the only one who sees an empty tarfile with a single directory?

paul at ignignokt:~$ tar xzvf Net-OpenID-Consumer-0.01.tar.gz
Net-OpenID-Consumer-0.01/
paul at ignignokt:~$ find Net-OpenID-Consumer-0.01/
Net-OpenID-Consumer-0.01/
paul at ignignokt:~$

-Paul

On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 17:07 -0700, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Work-in-progress consumer library for Perl:
>
>     http://www.danga.com/dist/misc/Net-OpenID-Consumer-0.01.tar.gz
>
> Does:
>
>     -- fetching of page (with configurable user agent object; I recommend
>        you use LWPx::ParanoidAgent, now available on CPAN) and returning
>        a "ClaimedIdentity" object of what the user claims they are,
>        but is not verified yet
>
>     -- auto-discovery of openid servers
>
>     -- hook to let you provide your subref to do openid server
>        selection, given multiple options
>
>     -- generation of "check" URL to send user to to get redirect
>
>     -- reading of response parameters, returning either a user_setup_url
>        or a VerifiedIdentity object (doing DSA validation with either
>        Crypt::OpenSSL::DSA or your openssl binary)
>
>     -- start of JSON responses for javascript UI
>
> View the test file in t/00-all.t to see how to use the library, until the
> docs are POD-ified.
>
> Not done:
>
>     -- caching plugins
>
>     -- it only takes a hashref now for %GET params.  it's stubbed out to
>        take a CGI.pm object or mod_perl $r as well, but didn't write the
>        getter.
>
>     -- verifying with Crypt::DSA
>
>     -- nonce hooks
>
>     -- more "as_json" methods for return results to javascript (JavaScript
>        Object Notation)
>
> I'll be gone the next 5 or 6 hours, so feel free to send me patches!
>
> Enjoy.
>
> - Brad
Paul Timmins <paul at timmins.net>
Timmins Technologies, LLC