HTTP Headers vs. link rel=

ydnar ydnar at shaderlab.com
Mon May 23 18:03:21 PDT 2005

HTTP headers are nontrivial to edit for some hosting environments, and
subject to poisoning on the part of the ISP. Parsing the output of a GET
request as SGML and looking for <head><link rel="openid.server"> is
trivial.

TypePad users (certain user levels) can control their own HTML templates.
Everything from the doctype to </html>. For this user class it would in
theory make sense to have an HTTP header. But what happens when a page
specifies a link rel as well? Which one overrides the other?