PHP OpenID server working ...

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Wed May 25 04:16:31 PDT 2005

Phillip Pearson wrote:

> BTW Mart - I think there's a bug in your script.  If the ID server
> returns a setup URL, your script redirects to $ret_url:
>
> if (my $setup_url = $c->user_setup_url) {
>     redirect($ret_url);
> }
>
> I think it should be redirecting to $setup_url instead.  Right now if
> I try to authenticate before I'm logged in to my ID server, I get
> redirected to a page saying "HERE BE DRAGONS" (the root of your site,
> I think) rather than sent to my login page.

Right you are. That's what I get for copy-pasting code!

The reason that this wasn't an issue for LiveJournal folk is that
LiveJournal is now using the new convention where it doesn't send the
URL back to the consumer but instead just does the redirect itself. That
bit of code was never coming into play for LiveJournal's ID server.

It should be working now, anyway. Let me know if it still does anything
strange.