Net::OpenID::UserProfile

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Wed May 25 05:14:00 PDT 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 10:37:04AM +0100, Martin Atkins wrote:
> Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> >Mart, other Perl hackers,
> >
> Quick pointers:
>
> Looks like somebody (is it *the* Ben Trott?) has written a FOAF library:
>     <http://search.cpan.org/~btrott/XML-FOAF-0.03/lib/XML/FOAF.pm>

Note the requirement for RDF::Core, which is basically a blocker for
anything that is a limited shell account. Installing it is a pain: I'll
admit I'm not perl expert, but it took me several hours of playing
around on goathack to get it installed. The library itself is good
(though hacky), but I would not want to push it off onto Consumers as a
requirement.

As much as I hate to admit it, parsing RDF with an RDF library in Perl
for something that's meant to be used "Everywhere" does not have a good
solution.

My Python script sent to the list a couple days ago does what a FOAF
module would need to do (and is pretty easy to extend if need be) but
I'm not sure how easy it is to install an XML DOM module on Perl. Can
anyone give me a pointer to one so I can check it out? Does such a thing
even exist?

If someone can give me a pointer to a minidom module, I'll give hacking
on this a start.

--
Christopher schmidt