Net::OpenID::UserProfile

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Wed May 25 11:33:47 PDT 2005

Dan Lyke wrote:

> If you mean the XML format, then LID depends fairly heavily on
> this. There's one at
> http://lid.netmesh.org/liddemouser/lid/data/VCARD.xml
>
> or you can query any LID for its VCARD data, as in:
>
> http://netmesh.info/jernst?xpath=%2fVCARD&action=text/xml

Arg. There's an XML encoding too? Why can't these things just be simple?

I really meant VCard files deployed on the web with auto-discovery,
though I'm starting to get the feeling that such a beast doesn't exist.
If they've not got their own specific MIME type, then auto-discovery
can't work, as software can hardly go hunting inside anything declared
as text/xml just in case it has a vCard inside...