OpenID Wiki

Mark Smith marksmith at danga.com
Fri May 27 00:42:37 PDT 2005

> >[off-topic:  Junior, you should make the namespaces in LifeWiki
> >per-namespace themeable, so for the openid one, it'd just use the OpenID
> >website's CSS... and/or provide an interface for us to rsync raw html
> >files for the openid website every 5 minutes, so we get it, and I process
> >any changes since last time and insert our css/page formatting, and just
> >make every page in the openid/wiki/ area link to lifewiki.net for
> >editting... I can do it without rsync, and just spider the changes page,
> >perhaps?  Kinda lame, though.]

How about I make a module that uses post_content or whatever the on page
change hook is and FTP the new page content out to you?  That, or I can
make it post to a script on your side.

Alternately, PGP encrypt it and email it to you.  Or one of any number of
other things... but it's pretty easy to write a change push plugin for the
system.  Just let me know what works for you.

> While on the subject of the wiki, is there some way that it could be
> arranged so that OpenID is never treated as a wikiname? Typing !OpenID
> all the time is quite tedious.
>
> I'd be happy to just drop the CutesyLittleWikiNames altogether and use
> proper links like Wikipedia, but I guess that's not really an option! :)

I already made it so that if something is all capitals it doesn't get
auto-linked, and I suppose I could turn off the linking of camel-case
words and force everybody to use the {word} format.

This should be on a namespace-by-namespace basis, that way you can
configure it for your own area.

I like that idea... I'll work on it and let you know.

Thanks for the feedback!

--
Mark Smith
junior at danga.com