YADIS as an abstraction layer

Benjamin Yu benjaminlyu at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 13:14:03 PST 2005

Excellent.

I also want to emphasize what was implied by Martin's email.

Capabilities are returned in document form, not in the HTTP Headers.

I want to push for NOT returning capabilities in the HTTP headers. My main
argument for this is REST's rule of:

"self-descriptive messages; and, hypermedia as the engine of application
state."

The returned document is the resource's representation, not the headers.

-Ben