Implementing YADIS with no new software

Christopher Granade cgranade at
Tue Nov 1 14:41:56 PST 2005

Martin Atkins wrote:
> Kurt Raschke wrote:
>> Moving from OpenID tags in the HTML HEAD to a separate page specified
>> in a <link> tag is one thing, but having to run another script just  to
>> negotiate protocols for SSO is another thing--is there any need  for
>> that, or will static pages do?
> Nothing in the current spec requires the capability declaration to be
> generated dynamically. It's just a static list (in some format --
> currently some HTTP-like thing) which is used to discover all of the
> fancy stuff.
> However, the current spec does require that the capability declaration
> and the identity server are at the same URL aside from the query string,
> which is the main thing that this thread started off about.
In Apache, mod_rewrite will let you change the URL to another file on
the server filesystem, thus mapping two URLs that differ only in query
strings to different physical files. I imagine that similar software
exists for other servers, though I'm not sure.

- --Chris
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -