YADIS as an abstraction layer

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Sun Nov 6 12:33:38 PST 2005

Martin Atkins wrote:

> I see YADIS fundamentally as an abstraction layer behind which a variety
> of services can be hidden. It allows software rather than the user to
> worry about the distinction between the various different things going
> on "under the hood".

[...snip big pseudo-spec...]

I've now posted my changes as proposed here in the form of a draft
specification on the wiki:
    http://yadis.org/wiki/Draft-001

We don't really have any mechanisms in place for handling draft
proposals and so on, so I just made up some conventions. I guess we'll
see how it works out.

I guess you can discuss this on the wiki if you like that sort of thing,
or discuss it here on the mailing list. I favour the latter, but I know
some people love wikis.