XRID proposal for YADIS - Opinions anybody?

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Mon Nov 7 11:48:42 PST 2005

Agreed, Johannes. I've discussed the potential for a converged lightweight
discovery format that would be used by OpenID, LID, and XRI i-names with a
half-dozen people since the IIW meeting and the reception has been VERY
positive. As in, "this could have a huge affect on adoption" by websites
which potentially could install a single plug-in to support an "SSO login
box" that could accept either a URL or XRI, get the YADIS XRID document, and
complete authentication via the supported protocols.

So comments/feedback are openly solicited. Again, the XRI TC is producing
the next Working Draft that will be incorporating any feedback/revisions to
XRID structure *this week*, so the sooner we know about any issue/change,
the better.

=Drummond
http://public.xdi.org/=Drummond.Reed