A grand unification - perhaps?

Ernst Johannes jernst+lists.danga.com at netmesh.us
Thu Nov 10 13:52:06 PST 2005

Great idea, maybe hard to do in practice.

The good news is that we've had conversations about YADIS already
with various people in the Liberty and WS-* camps who share the view
that all of this stuff needs to become interoperable, never mind the
historical roots, because the users don't care about historical roots.

The bad news is that we don't have any proposals on the table how
that could work, architecturally. (And then we'd have to take the
politics into account, too...)

Ideas, anybody?

On Nov 10, 2005, at 9:49, Adrian.Blakey at kp.org wrote:

> Seems like great progress has been made in getting all the
> distributed identify management schemes to co-operate under an
> interoperable framework.
>
> Is it too much to hope that federated identity and the WS* schemes
> could somehow be unified under the same umbrella?
>
> Adrian Blakey

Johannes Ernst
 http://netmesh.info/jernst