Redirect on YADIS ID de-reference?

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Wed Nov 23 18:30:37 PST 2005

FWIW, 3XX redirects are allowed in XRI resolution, which is all HTTP based.
The TC discussed this at some length about a year ago, and the conclusion
was that since the authority for the original URL controls the redirect, the
redirect URL is effectively a "synonym" for the original URL.

And it gives authorities greater flexibility in physical configuration.

=Drummond