'relying party' and 'identity consumer'

Josh Hoyt josh at janrain.com
Mon Nov 28 08:59:01 PST 2005

On 11/28/05, Martin Atkins <mart at degeneration.co.uk> wrote:
> Imagine also that the website is using YADIS to declare the operations
> it supports.

Is this in scope for what YADIS is trying to accomplish?

As I understand it, YADIS is a mechanism for discovering services that
operate on behalf of the user (entity?) who controls an identity URL.
This seems different to me than describing the services that a given
URL can execute.

In terms of OpenID, it seems like the OpenID server URL should use a
different mechanism for advertising that it *is* an OpenID server than
an OpenID identity URL uses to specify what service provides an OpenID
server for its owner.

I think that specifying what services a server supports is a different problem.

Josh