Implementing YADIS with no new software

Dan Libby danda at videntity.org
Mon Oct 31 10:49:14 PST 2005

On Monday 31 October 2005 12:17, Kurt Raschke wrote:

> Profile exchange?  How about:
> <link rel="yadis.profile.vcard" href="" />

Just a quick note:

Videntity.org already does something like this.  example:

<link rel="vcard" href="http://danda.videntity.org/vcard.vcf">

Note that the linked vcard will only contain fields the user has designated as
public.

Something that I don't have a good grasp on though, is how to handle the case
where the user has private profile data that s/he only wants to share with
the remote site that is authenticating the identity.  For example, I am
logging into LIveJournal with a Videntity.org issued identity.  So I want
LiveJournal to be able to read my Name and email, but I don't want to give
them out to the first random spammer who figures out how to write a profile
spider.

Thus, it seems the profile exchange must occur after authentication and
include some sort of auth token.  I'm curious how LID or other systems handle
this?