LJ munging OpenID comments?

Kurt Raschke kurt at raschke.net
Sat Sep 24 21:15:38 PDT 2005

On Sep 23, 2005, at 8:47 PM, Richard Russo wrote:

> How does LJ know that you're still a human, or still the same human?

How does LJ know that I haven't given my LJ username and password to
some other person, who has never seen LJ's TOS?

But that's beside the point.  I really don't expect LJ to keep any
local state on remote OpenID users.  So as I see it there's no onus
on LJ to record the fact that a certain OpenID identity was verified
to be non-spam, using a CAPTCHA or whatever.  So, for all I care they
can present the same anti-spam tests each time I try and post a comment.

-Kurt