Proposal for an XRI (i-name) profile

Joaquin Miller joaquin at netmesh.us
Mon Apr 3 18:59:17 UTC 2006

Thanks, Drummond for your message which amounts to both a proof that
some changes are not needed and a handbook for implementing in a way
that is open to several schemes.

There is something I would like to understand better:

>1) The relying party uses the identifier to retrieve the Yadis XRDS
>document (using the Yadis protocol for URLs, and using XRI
>resolution or proxy resolution for XRIs)

Is that different from the following?

>1b) The relying party uses the identifier to retrieve the Yadis XRDS
>document (using the Yadis protocol for URLs and, in the case of the
>identifier being an XRI, using XRI resolution to obtain a
>corresponding URL and then using the Yadis protocol with that URL)

If it is different, then do we have two options for this step?

Cordially, Joaquin