Folks: Notice the change made back at Yadis Specification draft 0.7

Johannes Ernst jernst+lists.danga.com at netmesh.us
Tue Apr 4 23:43:07 UTC 2006

My understanding is that HTTP header names are supposed to be case
insensitive. So please make sure you catch all capitalization
variants of those two ...

[Stupid programming error: get all HTTP headers as a hash table,
later doing a lookup on 'X-XRDS-Location' -- depending what
capitalization the library used internally, you may or may not find
it. I bring this up because I made this mistake myself and it's not
quite obvious ... ;-) ]

On Apr 4, 2006, at 14:45, Joaquin Miller wrote:

> Implementors:
>
> Here is a message from one of your fellow implementors.  They were
> having successful tests (that is: things weren't working).
>
>> Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 09:28:25 -0700
>> To: "Johannes Ernst" <jernst at netmesh.us>
>> Cc: ... Joaquin Miller <joaquin at netmesh.us>
>>
>> Johannes:
>>
>> Quick update. The spec says to have a header with X-XRDS-Location
>> but all of the implementations look for X-YADIS-Location.
>>
>> Once we made the change all is working.
>>
>> Gary
>
> So remember, folks:  It is courteous to look for X-YADIS-Location,
> but, as we like to write using all caps:
>
>        Implementations MUST look for X-XRDS-Location.
>
> Cordially, Joaquin
>

> (p.s. The Caps Cops remind us: You can even look for X-Yadis-
> Location, if you want.)

Johannes Ernst
NetMesh Inc.

 http://netmesh.info/jernst