OpenID 1.2 Extensions Proposal

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Wed Apr 5 20:13:29 UTC 2006

Johannes, I *knew* you would be asking that ;-)

Answer: it is not in XRI Resolution 2.0 Working Draft 10. It has come up in
past discussions but no one on the TC had a particular use case for it yet.

The TC is intentionally holding XRI Resolution 2.0 at the Working Draft
level until implementations are complete and interoperability has been
tested. The rationale for doing this is primarily to catch any bugs -- we
don't intend to add any additional features at this point. However if the
Yadis community believes it is a compelling requirement for XRDS, and as
long as it didn't affect interoperability of anything in Working Draft 10,
we might consider it for Working Draft 11.

I'm copying Gabe to give him a heads up that it's "on radar" and solicit his
considered input.

=Drummond