Important function, not to be overlooked

Joaquin Miller joaquin at netmesh.us
Thu Apr 13 18:30:52 UTC 2006

>'My name is Tim';
>'My length of my inseam is 32"'
>'I have a dog named Murphy'
>'The earth is flat and has four corners, with one being in Newfoundland'
>
>Certainly, this information can be transferred efficiently (XML or
>whatever). But, there is no clear conceptual mechanism to: i) ensure
>the veracity of these four statements, or, ii) ensure that I even
>have the right to make these statements to you in the first place

Remember iii) ensure that these statements were made by me.

Example:

>'The earth is flat and has four corners, with one being in Newfoundland'

It will be difficult to get any assurance of the veracity of this
statement, and a waste of time for us to think about whether i even
have the right to make this statement to you, but i do want to make
this statement and enable you to ensure that it was made by me.

Cordially,

Joaquin Miller
NetMesh