Trust/threat model for OpenID

Roland Sassen sassen at thinsia.com
Wed Aug 2 19:43:10 UTC 2006

Hello Dan, a solution for your bike-ride organization could be to use
HEARTBEAT-ID  numbers.
Such a number is obtained by an organization, for example

www.heartbeat-id.com/22000 <http://www.heartbeat-id.com/22000>

or by an person, for example
www.heartbrat-id.com/15 <http://www.heartbrat-id.com/15>

At the heartbeat-id.com/22000 site, people who want to make a
registration and people who like to be a volunteer  can make their
registration, as usual, or they just give in here their personal
heartbeat-id number. The (up to date)  information about the person will
then be obtained from their personal heartbeat-id web-site. When some
personal information is changed, the people themselves change this on
their heartbeat-id site.

James and Jim with a common last name now have a unique heartbeat-id number!

"what time various individuals passed through each of several different
checkpoints"
People could have their heartbeat-id number on their shirt. A camera and
a computer will do the rest.
In some time we will be able to scan their real unique heartbeats, no
number on a shirt needed anymore.

"If I send them mail, to whom do I address it?"
To change the information on their heartbeat-id sites, people will be
able to login with their i-name,
This is a (I think very good) suggestion of  =victor.grey.
<http://2idi.com/contact/=victor.grey>
For this to be possible we will implement OpenId and a i-names connector.

On their side, people can put the email address of their choice,
preferable their i-name
Also they can tell if they belong to some clubs, have some memberships etc.

"And when I get it wrong people notice, and comment. "
In this way you cannot do much wrong, every person is responsible for
her or his
own contact information.

Roland