Microsoft and Burton Group views on URL-based identities

Johannes Ernst jernst+lists.danga.com at netmesh.us
Fri Feb 3 17:05:32 UTC 2006

We all know that Microsoft has been building "Microsoft InfoCards",
the identity technology that will be bundled with every copy of
Microsoft Vista when it ships. Here's a podcast with Kim Cameron
(Microsoft's chief identity architect) and Craig Burton (of the
Burton Group), ably conducted by Aldo Castañeda that specifically
asked "what about URL-based identities, and will they be the total
solution for everything [related to identity]".

I'm also featured in it ;-) ... well, maybe featured isn't the word.

MP3:
     http://thestoryofdigitalidentity.com/AudioArchives/
theSTORYofDigitalIdentity-Burton-Cameron-1-06.mp3

Rough transcript (please help improve if you listen to the MP3):
     http://yadis.org/wiki/Cameron-Burton-Castaneda-Podcast-Transcript

Aldo, the interviewer, has asked me to do a follow-on interview with
some of the issues that were raised. If you have any views on what I
should and should not express in that interview, please send me
private e-mail. I'd appreciate it!

Johannes Ernst
NetMesh Inc.