Yadis Spec .9 Change Proposal: Section 7.3.1 clarify multiple XRD

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Thu Feb 9 19:28:21 UTC 2006

I'm actually sitting right next to Johannes at a conference today and was
able to clarify this with him as well.

Larry is correct, when an XRDS document contains a sequence of multiple XRD
elements, it is always the final XRD element that describes the target
resource (or, in YADIS terms, the target identity).

The reason for a sequence, BTW, is that each XRD can represent a different
subsegment of an XRI resolution path. For example, to resolve xri://@a*b*c,
the resulting XRDS document from an XRI resolver would contain 3 XRDS, one
from the @ authority for *a, one from the @a authority for @a*b, and one for
the @a*b authority for @a*b*c.

=Drummond (http://xri.net/=drummond.reed)