OpenID, YADIS and Directed Identity

Fen Labalme fen at 2idi.com
Mon Feb 13 22:12:30 UTC 2006

Granqvist, Hans wrote:
> Hi Fen,
>
> Do you have the cryptographic proof (it's missing
> from the paper)?

All I have to back it up is some scribbles that I took a photo of here:

	http://pix.fen.net/OpenPrivacy/2000-2001/20010307-stefan/

Not a proof, unfortunately, but I believe one could be derived.

It's an issue I have been working on for many years and finally cornered
Stefan Brand and Ian Goldberg (at the 2001 Computers, Freedom & Privacy
conference in Washington, D.C.) to get them to see if I was nuts or if it
could be accomplished.  The outcome of the conversation was that they agreed
that this could be done, and that it was a natural extension of some of
Stefan's published ideas.  (He also assured me that the concept was
unencumbered - to his knowledge - by an IP concerns.)

Perhaps we can tap Stefan and ian to help finish the proof and I can finally
finish my paper! ;-)

> Also in protocol part 2:
>         "eXchange -> Advogato: [As(Na), Ss(Ns, 13)]"
>
> Looks like the exchange party has access to one site's
> secret key ('Ss')?

My bad - that's simply a confusing description.  Since Slashdot has earlier
passwd 'Ss(Ns, 13)' to eXchange, eXchange now has that opaque token and can
pass it along to Advogato.

=Fen

--
http://public.xdi.org/=Fen.Labalme