YADIS in one sentence--another way

Jaco Aizenman skorpio at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 02:23:44 UTC 2006

Since YADIS is more about freedom than about commerce, better using the term
"free software" than the term "open source".

More on this here:

----------------------------
Another group has started using the term "open source" to mean something
close (but not identical) to "free software". We prefer the term "free
software" because, once you have heard it refers to freedom rather than
price, it calls to mind
freedom<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html>.
The word "open" never does that.

--