YADIS best practice?

Josh Hoyt josh at janrain.com
Fri Jan 20 19:48:06 UTC 2006

On 1/20/06, Johannes Ernst <jernst+lists.danga.com at netmesh.us> wrote:
> I'm trying to decide whether there is, or should be, a "best
> practice" on how to declare two YADIS services that only differ in
> their version number.
> For example, most OpenID implementation today seem to support both
> V1.1 and V1.0. In YADIS, should this be declared as:
>
> <Service>
>    <Type>http://openid.net/signon/1.0</Type>
>    <URI>http://openid.example.com/</URI>
> </Service>
> <Service>
>    <Type>http://openid.net/signon/1.1</Type>
>    <URI>http://openid.example.com/</URI>
> </Service>
>
> or is this better practice:
>
> <Service>
>    <Type>http://openid.net/signon/1.0</Type>
>    <Type>http://openid.net/signon/1.1</Type>
>    <URI>http://openid.example.com/</URI>
> </Service>
>
> or doesn't it matter?

To me, the intent of the author seems clearest with one entry with two
service types. I think this issue is the same as the issue addressed
by the multiple-URI-elements thread. It's possible to express it
either way, but if the document can show that there is a relationship
between those services, that seems like a win.

Josh