Naming

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Sat Jan 21 12:32:03 UTC 2006

Johannes Ernst wrote:
> The naming discussion has died down a bit.
>
> What about we call it
>     I-URL
> instead of YADIS URL?
>
> Maybe with some conventions: that a mouse-over gives a one-sentence
> explanation, and a click leads to a web page that explains what it is?

I'm not really convinced that "URL" should be in the name at all. It's a
technical term, and as such has no place in a user-facing name.

Users seem comfortable with the term "address" — think "email address",
"web address" — so perhaps "YADIS Address" could be used. Though we
really should think of a better name than "YADIS".